Talent Management Process:
A Proven Methodology Driven by Global Best Practices
Unfilled positions, from maintenance to engineering, can cost manufacturing and production firms up to $7,000 per day, yet many operators do not recognize the value of professional talent acquisition.
“For every client engagement, no matter how much they may have struggled to acquire top talent, our programs will maximize client success rates with screening, developing and placing the right maintenance and reliability professionals.”
The growing shortage of skilled, quality-focused professionals to work in Asset Reliability, Maintenance and MRO Materials programs is a serious issue, and companies are fighting to hire and retain the most competent, highly skilled resources available in these fields.
To help organizations stand out among a crowded field of employers and enable them to identify and secure the best possible personnel, PCA has developed a Talent Management performance model. Our validated methodologies—developed by benchmarking the hiring processes of hundreds of manufacturers—inspire and equip firms to win the war for top-notch maintenance and reliability talent.
- Strengthen your asset and reliability programs while reducing fill time for key positions.
- Screen and vet applicants using industry best practices, producing quality results in full compliance of hiring laws.
- Optimize the hiring effort to maximize retention rates.
The PCA Process
Just as success with asset reliability begins with a thoughtful vision—and well-designed and implemented processes and strategies—the most productive talent management and acquisition requires a comprehensive, meticulously designed program.
PCA’s Talent Management performance model was designed specifically to help organizations of all sizes and organizational structures achieve hiring and acquisition excellence. We customize each engagement based upon team size and company culture, with action plans, strategies and benchmarks reflecting the unique needs of each firm.
A Model for Achievement
Each PCA Talent Management engagement begins with a Client Assessment, during which PCA experts examine and identify its operating model, including its maintenance and reliability practices, personnel structure, corporate culture, and other characteristics that define an organization.
We then evaluate this information and use it to identify the key performance indicators and best practices that will ensure unequivocal hiring and retention success.
Specific areas of focus include:
- Extensive, thorough applicant screening (skills focused)
- Candidate outreach, messaging and tracking
- Candidate interview management
- Professional development
The PCA Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Program
Using its Talent Management Performance Model, PCA expertly manages all aspects of screening, developing and placing the right maintenance and reliability professionals for its clients.
- Working with candidates that meet PCA’s high standards, or with prospects that the client has identified, our experts conduct a rigorous screening effort, including evaluations of technical competency and client personnel model “fit.”
- For candidates with strong aptitude and professionalism who lack the necessary training or certification for a position, PCA will work with a training partner to provide skills development to ensure optimal alignment between the candidate and the client.
- PCA works with the client to provide post-hire support, including additional professional development, if desired, as technologies change and new opportunities emerge.
The PCA Talent Recruitment Training Program
For firms wishing to retain their recruiting effort in house, PCA trains client HR teams to follow PCA’s best practices Talent Management Model.
- Based on the initial client assessment, PCA experts develop a series of improvement recommendations that will not only ingrain recruitment best practices within personnel but also embed that awareness into the workplace culture.
- After the engagement begins, our experts work closely with each team member, coaching and mentoring them to a new level of achievement.
- By the end of the engagement, PCA experts have equipped teams with every practice, procedure and tool to optimize hiring processes—and have confirmed that they are standardized across the company.
For every client engagement, no matter how much they may have struggled to acquire top talent, our programs will maximize client success rates with screening, developing and placing the right maintenance and reliability professionals.